Followers

Thursday, July 30, 2020

thumbnail

FINALLY THE ONE 3

Chapter three

Early this morning Nora wakes me up to ask how I spent my day yesterday, I couldn't tell her about it last night because I fell asleep waiting for her to finish talking to Geo on the phone. Nora and Geo like to have long late night phone calls especially when Geo is out of town. "So when is Mr. Geo with a G coming back into town again?” I teasingly ask her. " No no no Nacha we can talk about that some other time first tell me about how you spent your day yesterday, girl you came back home very late." Nora says and before I can say anything my phone beeps and I smile when I notice that it's a text message from Mark, "Good morning beautiful, can I see you today?" I simultaneously read and smile, I look at Nora who gives me a puzzled look and then reply Mark's text with, "Sure thing darling, I am free all day. " I notice it's so unlike me to use this kind of grammar but I still click send.

I tell Nora everything that happened yesterday (everything I could remember ). I tell her I can't wait for her to meet my Prince Charming and that he will be thrilled to meet her too. "Well don't you think that was all too much to happen all in a day?" Nora asks me, a response I certainly did not expect from her and from her tone of voice it's clear she does not seem to like Mark one bit. "We both like each other so I see no point in us avoiding each other." I say in a very defensive tone. "I just feel you don't like this guy, you simply just love the idea of him keeping your mind busy with anything else other than Jackson. You are craving for attention and so even the wrong kind of attention seems right to you." Nora says and I can't help but get angry at her, how dare she say something like that to me? Was she happy seeing me sad all day? "I told you all this because I thought you'd be happy for me but I see you would rather see me unhappy all the time." I say with so much spite in my voice. "I am happy you are making a step to move on but you don't need to be seeing anyone right now especially not a guy who tells you he loves you the first time he sees you, I just feel he's being quite hypocritical. " Nora says but all I can think of is how she can have the guts to judge Mark, a man she has never met before. Mark calls me and I decide to walk away from Nora, she's definitely the last person I want to talk to right now.

Mark and I arrange to meet in an hour's time so I quickly get ready; I opt to wear a short maroon dress that exposes a bit of my thighs, black heels and a black handbag. I hear Nora shout that she's off to work but I deliberately ignore her. A few minutes later I hear a knock on the door and the idea that Mark is here to pick me up gives me butterflies in my stomach. I open the door and notice he's wearing a maroon shirt and a black trousers another color coincidence. "This is fate" I think to myself without saying a word to Mark who also says nothing. We hug for a long time and I can't help but bury myself in his sweet scent. He tells me he missed me as he hands me a box of chocolates. I find myself wishing Nora could see how amazing this guy is. Mark does not tell me where we are going saying he wants to surprise me. He's all touchy in the car and I get goose bumps whenever he touches my thighs slightly pushing my dress upwards. I can tell he's in love with me and I'm so taken I feel like a high school girl. I notice he's wearing a ring on one of his fingers and I feel my heart skip a beat, I feel a change in my temperature but still manage to nonchalantly ask, "You are not married, are you? " he looks panicky and I fear for the worst but only for a while because he convincingly tells me he only wears the ring because he liked it and decided to buy it for himself.

Two hours later we arrive at our destination, I quickly notice it's a five star hotel and guess we are probably here to have a romantic set meal but I realize that's not the case when one of the staff leads us to a big fancy room with silver walls and a bright purple floor. Immediately we're alone Mark locks the door, smiles at me and holds me so tight. I can tell from the way he's holding me that he wants something more. "I want to have you Nacha, Please don't say no, I want you.” I can't believe what he just said, I can't think of anything to say to him and I suddenly feel so dull like someone who just inhaled the smoke of Lead. Mark starts to kiss me so hard while touching me that I become so weak I stop trying to stop him and just as he puts me on the bed he's phone rings and I find myself self letting out a sigh of relief. Fortunately enough he tells me we have to leave, that he's needed at work in the next two hours and so we have to get going as soon as possible.

A few minutes later we are in his car driving back to the city when Mark says, "Hey I'm sorry I couldn't finish what I started I know you are finding it quite hard to resist me and you probably wanted me to satisfy your thirst for me but I promise I'll make it up to you soon." He's words just left me in awe, I literally don't know what to say to him. I simply can't fathom where he got the notion that he was just doing me a favor I want so hard to slap him but I convince myself that he probably didn't mean it in a bad way because the last thing I want is to have another guy dumping me. So I just say, "Please do." he smiles and drives with one hand while he holds my hand with the other. In less than two hours we're back at my place, Mark drove really fast as compared to when we were going to the hotel. We say our goodbyes; he winks at me and asks me to take care of myself for him.

Nora walks into my room a few minutes later, I pretend to still be upset with her and ignore her for the second time today. "Listen, I was rude this morning and I'm sorry, I should have been a little more considerate. If Andy makes you happy then I'm happy." she says. "He's name is Mark and thanks for realizing your mistake, I don't like it when we argue so can we just pretend this morning never happened?" I smile as she smiles back and asks how Mark is. I tell Nora everything that happened at the hotel and I notice a look of disgust on her face when I tell her about what Mark told me in the car. She gives me a concerned look and asks if I'm sure Mark is the one, I tell her that I'm more than a hundred percent sure that Mark is the right guy for me. "But why would he take you to a hotel so far from the city like he's got something to hide and why didn't he take you to his place instead?" I tell Nora that Mark has nothing to hide and that he's probably waiting for the right moment to take me to his house. She looks at me as if to say she's not convinced but I ignore her.

A month passes without seeing Mark as he has been out of town for work. He calls me three times a day everyday but today he calls to say he's back in town and that he would like us to go back to the hotel to finish what we started. I tell him I'm all set to leave for the park with Nora and we will have to do that some other time. "I want to have you today Nacha not some other time, the park can wait. " he says in a commanding tone. I reluctantly agree and hear him say, "Good girl! I better find you in one of your sexy dresses waiting for me outside in thirty minutes or else I will pick up someone else." in an even more commanding tone. I explain to Nora that I would have to cancel our plans last minute because Mark wants to see me. She smiles and says, "Well today I definitely have to meet this guy that wants to take my place in your life."

Thirty minutes later I see Mark's car approach my apartment and my knees become so weak, I realize that instead of being excited to see him, I'm anxious and nervous. He walks towards me and gives me a perk on my left cheek. Nora comes out and I introduce the two of them, they both keep quiet and don't shake hands, I ask if anything is the matter but no one gives me a response. After seconds of an awkward silence, Nora turns to me and asks if she can have a word with me in private. Nora and I enter the living room and before she can say a word I hear the sound of a car driving off. I look through the window and notice Mark's car is no longer parked outside." See what you've caused Nora, he left and he's probably upset with me right now. " I say. "Took him long enough." Nora says in a sarcastic tone. "What do you mean took him long enough?" I ask becoming more puzzled. "That's Mark Themba my cousin, that man is married Nacha, with two kids." Nora says with an expression of just how sorry she feels for me. I can't seem to process what she just said but I find myself sitting on the floor trying to hold back tears. I can't seem to get it, how I had not mentioned Mark's surname to Nora, I mean I knew they shared the same surname but why on earth didn't I mention this important detail.

"I'm sorry Nacha, but that guy is not an accountant, he failed his accounts course and he works in his wife's bookstore. Oh my God, that son of the devil just wanted to use you." Nora says with rage in her voice. I find myself standing up, taking off my heels and dragging my feet to the bedroom. I lay on my bed not believing what just happened and hoping it's all a bad dream, his actions begin to make sense now, Nora's words ring loud in my head, and that ring was definitely his marital ring! my word! I'm such a fool. I get my phone to call him but he's line doesn't go through and that's when it hits me that this is really happening, I find myself crying so hard that my head begins to ache so badly.

                                                      

In a year's passage of finding out Mark was married and being single since then, I got myself a job at one of the best media houses in the city as an editor and Nora and I moved into a much bigger apartment. Nora calls me just as I am about to leave for my lunch break and asks if I could take the rest of the day off just so we could go shopping for Geo's Birthday gift. I hesitate but later give in to her demands. A few minutes later we meet at a gift shop near her work place. We hug and begin to look at birthday cards, "So any cute guys at the office?" Nora asks. I tell her I'm not looking to date anyone for what seems to be like the hundredth time this week. "Come on Nacha, it's been a year already, are you seriously going to give up on love because some nincompoop lied to you?" she asks with so much concern. "I just don't want to be in a relationship. Simple." I say trying my best to fake a smile. "You know what you need right now? A change of scenery."

Later in the evening I realize Nora was right and I do need a change of scenery so I decide to call my favorite cousin Mulo who's been begging me to pay her a visit for the past three months now but I couldn't because of tight schedules at work but there isn't much work now and probably the best time to ask for a leave. Mulo picks up the phone and screams with excitement as I tell her I will be spending my one month leave at her home.

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments