Followers

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

thumbnail

FINALLY THE ONE 5

So today I decide not to go for work because I'll probably just be thinking about tonight's dinner. I wonder what he's like and if I'll be able to last more than a few minutes through dinner, I would love to stalk him on social media before I meet him but this is precisely why Mulo refused to tell me my date's name." I am not going to tell you his name because I know you very well Nacha and I don't want you going all FBI on my friend." Nora walks in and I tell her about my plan of how if I don't like the guy I was going to send her an emergency text so she could call me and give me a reason to leave but she looks at me with an 'I don't believe you ' kind of look right before she asks me to get a hold of myself and give the date a chance.

A few hours later, I arrive at starlight diners, a place that Mulo's friend had chosen for our date. It's quite a nice place, I must say, very divine. A waitress comes up to me and asks how she may be of service right before I tell her I'm meeting someone and give her my name, she smiles and leads me to my date. I can't believe my eyes when I see who gets up from his seat to pull a chair for me. "Hi Nacha, you're late. " he says with a smile on his face. "Hi Miles, I didn't expect to see you here." I say as nonchalantly as I can, trying to hide just how overjoyed I am to see him because even though I never admitted it to either Mulo or Nora, I kind of like Miles. On the other hand, I'm just glad I won't be spending my evening with a complete stranger, so it's not a blind date after all.

The evening seems to light up as Miles and I connect on every level and topic. I learn that Martinez was he's grandfather's first name and that it was given to him as his surname because he's father had ran away with another woman whilst his mother was still pregnant with him. We both share our aspirations in life and I easily figure that despite having a well-paying job, Miles is an ambitious man that I can't help but admire. I can't fathom how we both can be so free with each other that even opting to eat with our hands rather than following the fork and knife etiquette doesn't seem to bother us. It's like we've known each other for years yet I am reminded it's only been a few days when he asks me where I had been all his life. "I have been right where God wanted you to find me." I say. Miles says nothing but takes a sip of his wine and asks me if I would like to dance. I agree not because I'm a good dancer but because I promised myself to have a good time the moment I realized that Miles was my date. A few hours later I'm in Miles' car right outside my apartment as we call it a night. We both thank each other for a wonderful night and we oddly enough do not kiss each other good night.

A year later, Miles and I both keep seeing each other and there's no doubt we're both deeply in love despite our flaws. I know it is fate that Miles and I were meant to be together because for the first time in my life, I do not feel vulnerable for loving a man. He's definitely the one. Miles is the kind that never lets an argument get in the way of his love for me. Not even when I act up and let days go by acting moody for the slightest bit of a mistake he could have made. He's always there for me no matter what and his family adores me.

This morning I wake up feeling weary even though I still agree to help Miles run his errands. As we drive around town Miles asks if we can look at houses just for fun I agree as I begun to feel a whole lot better seeing Miles as he comes to pick me up this morning in his pure white short sleeved shirt and dark Blue jeans. Miles certainly has a great sense of style. A few minutes later we are at a very beautiful and elegant house that I'd rather call a mansion, I've never seen anything like it before; with amazing scenery and classy black walls it is a house to die for. We enter into the most beautiful living room I've ever seen and I tell Miles I'd love to own something like this in future when he smiles and says, "Well you're in luck because I bought this for us yesterday." I'm elated when I ask why he didn't tell me he had plans of buying us a house and even more elated when he says, "Nacha I love you and I've always wanted to propose to the love of my life in our home." He's words leave me speechless as I can't seem to take it all in, Miles gets down on one knee and removes the shiniest diamond ring I've ever seen. He looks straight into my eyes and utters the best four words of my life, "WILL YOU MARRY ME?"

 And while my future husband is on his knee, my first instinct is to call my mother, so I quickly get the phone and call her. "Mum I'm getting married." I say the moment I hear my mother say hello to me. She screams with excitement before she jokingly says, "Well it's about time Nacha." she asks me how he proposed and I tell her how he's still waiting for my hand, she laughs and tells me to hang up on the phone with the words, "Nacha darling, put the young man out of his misery and say yes to him, we sure don't want him changing his mind now do we?" I hang up and as tears uncontrollably flow from my eyes I kneel down right in front of Miles and say yes to him. We kiss for a very long time and I feel a kind of feeling that I've never felt before. It's an inexplicable feeling of beyond happiness, the kind I've truly never felt before.

Miles and I both decide we want nothing but a very intimate ceremony with a few friends and family and set our wedding day for a week later. We furnish our house and buy new clothes for ourselves. We both agree to donate our old clothes at a charity home of our choice.

The day has finally come, a day I thought would never come when I almost gave up on love but here I am all dolled up in my Cinderella wedding dress. As my father walks me down the isle all I can think of are the days ahead of me, how I will live to wake up next to my husband, the love of my life and the reason behind the immense joy in my heart. Standing beside a man who I will refer to as my husband in the next few minutes in front of everyone present does not make me nervous instead I feel content that I chose him to grow old with and when the officiant pronounces us as husband and wife and asks Miles to kiss his bride, we both kiss each other like no one is watching. I finally found the one.

The End.

By : MARTHA MUTEMA.

 

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

1 Comments